Saturday, January 11, 2014

Bigger on the Inside

I'm such a bad procrastinator. However, I have a tendency of doing the things I procrastinate about when I know exams are coming up.... oh well.

I updated my LTC and inchie page and will have more on the way!

Now for one of my recent and favorite cards....


The Doctor Who 50th Anniversary special was a couple of months ago so of course there was a LTC tracker for this special event. I decided for such a special event, it deserved a special card.

Here is a look at one of my card.

The front of the card is the front of the TARDIS. I wanted to carve "Police Box" but I was pressed for time and didn't. Oh well.



The inside however, like the name of the card, is bigger on the inside. I spent 16+ hours carving this 5x5 stamp. It was actually my first time using a knife to carve. I have to say it was really useful with all the small detail I did.
Since I didn't have a way to transfer the image that I liked, I ended up using the regular pencil transfer. That alone took about an hour just to trace and then I didn't even get a good transfer. The center of the image didn't come out very well and I had to free-hand(free-carve?) most of it.



After the painfully long hours of this carve I had to cut out many 5x5 papers and stamp them all. each one was folded into a map fold. Once glued in, when you open the LTC sized card the image is unfolded and becomes bigger.



This is probably one of my most favorite cards I've done. Also, my most complicated and time consuming card.

I'll probably be making at least 5 more of these cards. Cant let that stamp go to waste! Feel free to message me if you would like one!

=(^._.^)=

No comments:

Post a Comment