Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Water Colors: A Love-Hate Relationship

I FINALY finished my LTCs. For a while now I have been working on the Art of Sandra Boynton: The Big Yawn or the Big Bite? cards. It took a very long time. It has taken me days to get these done. I think they look good but I don't think I will be doing anything like it again.
For these cards, I had to cut the water color paper, stamp all the cards, color the background, and paint the image. Not to mention all the labeling I had to do on the back. It was a lot of steps and took a lot of time. Here's the result:
 
The background was done with a mustard yellow Distress Marker. For the pink I used regular water color but instead of using a regular paint brush, I used a water brush made my Tim Holtz to do it and I loved it.
I made 31 of these. 24 of these cards are going to the "Art of Sandra Boynton" tracker. I have about 6 of them for trade.
As much as I liked the water color, it just took way too much time to do. I may do it again but it would have to be at some point where I have the time to do. I am currently getting prepared for an art show next weekend. Yes, these cards are do in January but when I start something I have a habit of needing to finish it as soon as I can. I also have about 5 other cards I want to do too.
Well, within the next 3 weeks I will probably start up a new card!
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment